Wednesday 26 October 2011

Waves Revisited

Just months after P and I were first married I was inspired by a wood cut I saw at the Tokyo airport (there is inspiration to be found at Narita, I guess. And good sushi. There is also the best jacket I ever owned somewhere in their lost and found. Sigh). I doodled a tiny (it's only about 1 X 3) sketch of which we are both awfully fond:


Wave


Today I was sick, and the sweetest husband in the world stayed home to care for O, so I could sleep and recuperate. When I felt well enough to sit at my desk I wasn't interested in the detail work I've been doing for cards, and I got messy with my pens and finished my second sketchbook project entry. It's for NIkki's book, and the theme was "words." 


Sketch wave


I don't usually like to work big or sloppy, but this felt nice. Especially today when heads are cloudy and everything feels all swirly in there.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the words!! Beautiful quotes! I always leave happier after I have been with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this Nikki book?? The waves are soothing and vibrant all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K--I'm in a sketchbook swap! It's so fabulous. I have the book that belongs to Nikki right now--or rather just passed it. These people are collage artists and painters and scrapbookers and so many other things, and they find ways to weave it into our tiny little moleskine books. I'm very invigorated by this project---even if I am pretending to be Patrick the whole time, since it's his faculty thing and all. :-)

    ReplyDelete