Monday 19 March 2012

Babushka for you

Gus has inspired me to paint again. He prefers to watercolor his arm, but I'm finding paper works fine for me. 


I'm going to layer this with colored pencil and marker and see what happens. Lynda Barry tells us to doodle images of our past to unlock our creativity, and at some point in college I took comfort in doodling "Magic Babushka." She isn't afraid to say the hard things and never makes you feel bad about your sensible shoes. I'm having a Babushka revival living in near-Eastern Europe. She continues to know just what to tell me.


Babushka


I wish I had a Magic Babushka to send my sister K right now. Her family's beloved Pete passed away this weekend, and these are sad times. Pete was a good kitty (and sometimes Facebook friend). He is missed. Babushka would be full of comforting things to say.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment