Tuesday 24 April 2012

Today's theme

Things have seemed a bit gray. Not bad. Not glorious. Gus and I had a few too many nights of collective coughs. We went to IKEA (yechh). Our accomplishments of late are boring: criminal record checks, shipping insurance forms, and short-term medical insurance. And yesterday at 11:00am, the bank said the money hadn't arrived yet and I should come back tomorrow. It was reminiscent of when we stopped by Burger King on a student field trip while living in Singapore and they said, "Oh, sorry--we don't have any burgers." 


But today, after the wonder of a good-night's-rest (thank you Husband of the Year), Gus and I woke up to sun and color and choosing-joy. Some folks even decided to dress like it: 


P4160335


Keeping with the theme, I started my next sketchbook project. This book's theme is "The little things in life".


Snippet of sketchbook


There are lots of little things looking good today. The lilacs are blooming, Neighbor B made homemade peanut butter cups, I may or may not have ordered this Waylon Jennings necklace, and there's a painting project underway:


P4240339


To add to the synchronicity, a friend sent a link to a bucket list for kids under twelve, and it's inspired me to think on our family bucket list. That's good fodder for dinner time conversation in a household of seasoned list-makers.


And finally, as I putter in my office and with my paints and listen to my podcasts on this happy-shiny Tuesday, I savor a BIG thing, which is my dear Father's (slightly belated) birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!


017 - Eric Ernie and Spike
(it seems rubber boots are a theme as well)



3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the sleep and the time for these good things! I'm very curious about the painting project. And that's quite a picture there of the men we grew up with (Spike included).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are ready for lots of happy-shiny days with you guys just one short month away!! There's some people who've really been missing you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gus just looks older and older every time I see him on your blog! Grow little guy grow! And I love his wardrobe choices.

    ReplyDelete