Monday 10 January 2011

It's a measure of people who don't understand

We must be on the mend. I baked a batch of ginger molasses cookies (we need iron, you know) and did not cry once. After 12:00pm. But really, we are better. We woke up fever free; gone are the fevery no-sleep/half-sleep delusions that tormented us most of the night for the past five loooooong sleeps. Last night's was actually enjoyable: I was having a conversation with myself using only lyrics from Waylon Jennings' songs. When I finally found myself in a lucid state, I wondered if I'd really used WJ lyrics, or if I'd deluded myself through them. This Christmas, one of our travel buddies, BW, dreamt he was rapping up a storm. He wondered that if he had the capability to rhyme like that in his sleep, then surely those same words are in his daytime head, right? P disagreed. He said BW only thought he was rapping well and that it was probably all gibberish. So today I tormented P with a full playing of WJ's album to test my fever-time skills.


WaylonTurns out I was SPOT ON. Not sure that proves BW's point (as I have an embarrassingly large supply of WJ song lyrics memorized).


Special thanks today to Upstairs Neighbor for taking Gus all afternoon so these ramblers-on-the-ridiculous could finally catch some sleep. He came home totally blissed out and bonkers. That boy sure loves a crowd.


Oh, I sing the praises of the Usborne Doodle Books. I don't have the energy to draw or read---but I can turn pages.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds very healing indeed!

    ReplyDelete