Saturday 9 April 2011

Knitted and Denim Love

I'm having fun. I'm studying fabric patterns from the 30's, learning about my colored pencils, and plugging away on projects that are more enjoyable than anticipated. The hands don't work as often as I'd like, but they work enough to feel good. Thankful.


Outline Commission


Talented L spent an afternoon chatting up creative things with me (and I was in poor, zombie-form), brought a hand knitted gift, AND made an apple tart that was gone almost before she left; fashionable M took me jeans shopping (Surprisingly, the skinny, back zip, smooth front, no pockets, acid washed pair was tempting and not as comical as the try-on intended. But a no.). She took her dressing room role seriously and wouldn't let me leave without denim success. When my too-fast dressing popped off an ink-filled, plastic security doo-thingie, M braved the language barrier and embarrassing hand over of it, despite me squealing, "Don't touch it! It could be motion sensitive! We're going to foreign prison!" The generous things people continue to do are getting embarrassing. 


Sweet knitted bunny for a one-year-old-boo (better photo choice than the tight-fitted jeans for a 34-year-old brat):


Bunny
Thanks, L and M!



1 comment: