Thursday 8 September 2011

September's Rhythms

Oy. Oy. Oy. 


Time has never passed so slowly at the drawing table. Little Gus was off on his first solo day at skola, and I had a couple blissful hours to myself in a quiet house to work on a submission. And oy. I missed that dude so much. All I could do was check the time and wonder whether he ate his snack or played nice or hydrated or met nice people or left the bunny alone or cleaned up after himself. 


And of course, when I picked him up he smelled of Czech soup and had happy stories to relay. The rabbit looked okay too.


He came home to healthy treats:


Next time, I will try the chocolate energy bars from nomeatathlete. These chick pea ones are bland. It's hard not to write that and laugh at the obvious.


P9050329
 
But, I will repeat the oatmeal cookies from Whole Grain Gourmet. And when I do that, I will measure the cinnamon rather than dump it in from the jar. 


P9050331


Spicy seems appropriate for the start of September, though. The chalkboard is redrawn and there's a pumpkin-cheddar tart in the fridge.


P9040323


And not just the chalkboard is getting decorated. September's Skola for Gus means artistic routine for me. In these slow minutes I'm working on drawings for the house, art for clients, sketches for gifts, and pieces for prospective licensers. These little doodles are ideas for Memory Cards. We'll see what folks think of them.


Memory Card Sunflowers Black


Memory Card Sailing Seas Yellow


 



4 comments:

  1. Oh I remember the first time the girls went to preschool. I had BIG plans to fill the time but in reality I just moped around the house until it was time to go get them.
    Glad you survived that first day. Really glad for the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please memory cards LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the memory cards. Time to think and create is as crucial as sleep. I'm so happy for you that you've got a little built into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about these clients and memory cards! And school... that school time starts long but gets so short.

    ReplyDelete