Tuesday 15 November 2011

Selling and sketching

If you're going to attempt holiday sales, you should probably get to know my friend K. She took what was a dreadfully boring table and made it look fab:


Sales


And then she stayed all day and never ate a single piece of chocolate. I'm not sure what was wrong with her, but she saved my sanity and kept me from shooing away the customers. In the end, she wouldn't even let me give her freebies. What a gal!


I'm not making any more designs for a short bit. Pillarbox has taken my leftovers and now I need to focus on the holiday gifting and a project with Tiny Tales. To tidy up loose ends, I finished sketchbook project #3 today. We're still waiting on Big Decisions and I'm coping with being-very-bad-at-waiting by re-reading Mary Oliver and Jane Kenyon and doodling the best of where we may land.


Sketchbook 3 small



5 comments:

  1. Your table and cards look amazing! I wish I could have come to the sale. I hope there will be a way for those of us in the States to get our hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did she drink gin and tonics with you out of "water bottles"? So grateful there was someone there to make sure you didn't shoo anyone away! You are so talented! I'm jealous of those who were able to buy your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have sales friends. Gail Hanagan helped me with a sale in Blaine one summer. She was the best, born for retail. The waiting is so excruciating. You're baited with every email. It is just a little bit fun, though, to try on different life options each day and think about what would be fun about each one. Sounds like what you are doing. So many unexpected things are possible at this point. I may have just quoted Under the Tuscan Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous design, whoever received this in their sketchbook is very lucky! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you think so, Liezel...because it's YOUR book!

    ReplyDelete