Monday 29 November 2010

Arrrrr.

My mother helped us fend off the "Christmas Greedies" with little gifts on each Saturday of Advent. Usually they were something for us to do or something that marked time or something that added to the festive spirit of the house: Advent calendars (thus my love of doors in art), coloring books (my love of coloring in the lines), ornaments (apparently didn't rub off on me--there's no tree in this house), etc. She called them Saturday Surprises, and they were simply wonderful. And so, this year, P and Gus shared in our new family tradition receiving special treats upon awaking this past Saturday. And wouldn't you know it? There was a Saturday Surprise for me too. And at 9.5%, I'd say it was exactly what this mama needed to feel festive. PB280514



No comments:

Post a Comment