Tuesday 1 March 2011

Happy Tuesday Fragments

Can't connect the thoughts, though they all are happy ones:


Unor is gone. Brezen is here:


Unor


Baby Gus slept through the night (all eleven hours of it) as if it's something he does all the time and woke up really nonchalant about it. If I were him, I'd rub that in my folks' faces all day long. "What do you mean I can't have a third banana? I slept through the freaking night!"


This is not how he looked. But it's what I think was warranted:


P and G


I always miss my sister, but I especially do today. I made the mutha' of all cupcakes, and she would enjoy the cooking and eating of them. 


Cupcake
How they are so good without a drop of alcohol in them is beyond me. I also made the Kaye Syrah pea soup, and it's well worth the effort, though P would like us to know it's not your grandmother's pea soup. Don't think thick and smoky. It's high society soup. Glam soup. As pretty as it is tasty.


Great peeps came over to share in a cake from which the leftover batter made aforementioned cupcakery.


Birthday
There was a good, good birthday to celebrate followed by language lessons. My brow stayed knitted through most of the lesson (Czech language studies are not for sissies!), but inside my heart was happy because everyone tolerated little Gus and his new, only-cute-to-his-mother antics.


Lastly, and most shallowly: The push up drills are working*. It's ridiculous, but we are insanely proud of ourselves around here. I keep hoping strangers will stop us and ask how many push ups we can do. I wonder if it will get woven casually into conversation. I try to think of ways to politely drop phrases without sounding like I'm boasting or like I'm mimicking David Sedaris. It's impossible:


"No really, let me get the dishes. After all the push ups we're doing, it's hardly an effort." "What's that? How many can I do? Oh, well, it's ridiculous really." "Well, it's stupid--but we're at about 90 a day right now in our repetitions." "How many can we do all at one go?" "Hmmm...Well, I'd say we're at about 50. Nearly at 50. It's no big deal, really. Can you believe we're wasting time on this? I'm embarrassed to even talk about it." 


*I should note that I have gained three pounds. Since exercise has only increased and cookie intake decreased (despite what today's post may imply), I worry that this is all bicep and shoulder. And as someone who has had many a well-intentioned date tell her she is "built like a swimmer", this is not good news.



2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha! Let's make some rips in your shirt sleeves and get you some new tattoos! Why didn't you take a picture? We want to see the bulging biceps.
    And yes, I wish I could make cupcakes and eat them with you! I could flex my bulging behind. I got junk in the trunk, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's like in science class today when I kept looking for a opportunity to boast about how I could tie my apron on all by myself. I kept on trying to turn towards the boys showing them that I wasn't one of those wimpy girls who needed help. And then I got out of class and felt so primitive.
    By the way, WOW! 50 push-ups!!

    ReplyDelete