Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Birthday Litany

It's a good day. I woke up to two handsome boys, breakfast in bed, a gift certificate to the local spa, and the best coupon ever. And then the lovely Odens emerged from the guest room, where I was blessed with Patrick Oden's new book among other wonderful gifts. After they tolerated a morning at the park with sand-eating Gus and too-many-theology-questions-asking-Me, we wished them well on their European travel adventures (sniff sniff) and spent the rest of the morning blowing out a trick candle with Neighbors M, H, and E.  So nice to share a special day with old and new friends. 


And despite Neighbor B's warnings of bad luck, I'm cooking my own cake and planning what to order from the neighborhood's new Indian restaurant.


While I pick out my paneer and tandoori chicken, perhaps you want to log in to Minted and vote


P5250308


Sand-eating, hat-throwing, cookie-holding, new-shirt-wearing Gus.


P5250307


Book-and-shirt-giving, question-answering, baby-tolerating (much missed) Odens.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sister B!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an absolutely great time. We really appreciated your willingness to host us and show us around your beautiful city.
    And my opinion is that it's impossible to ask too many theology questions. If it were possible I would have gotten into a lot of trouble myself a long time ago. :-)
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete