Thursday 26 May 2011

Unbirthday Dessert and Birthday Dal

Neighbor B would not tolerate me bringing my own cake to dinner. Nor would she tolerate me celebrating her own special day last month. So she had to suffer unbirthday acknowledgments on my birthday. I think the marzipan/bitter chocolate combination opened her heart enough to forgive me.


Cake
Despite stacking it lopsided, overbaking the layers, and forgetting to toast the pistachios---the unbirthday cake was pretty tasty. Smitten Kitchen cakes are amazing. Always.


Cut cake


Rowdy Gus found wearing his dad's shoes (and clapping to himself) is amazing too.


Oscar shoes


 


And a homemade lacy knitted scarf in fab colors from a talented sister is really amazing.


Scarf


Eating two slices of cake is not amazing, but it is enjoyable. Neighbor B's dessert took the prize; it was a flourless, mascarpone wonder.


Slices


My good day began with old friends, coffee, and pastries and ended with new friends, Leffe Brune, and Indian food. I'm a lucky girl!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment