Tuesday 16 August 2011

For Moi-Moi

I'm able to see the lighter side of things today. At least enough to waste part of the afternoon finding this article on Weela. I read an Outside magazine article on her in 1996, cut out Weela's head (I really wish THAT photo was on this site) and put it on my driver's license over my face. Yes, it's dumb. But at that sleep-deprived-college-studying time, it was hysterical to all involved (MM). 


I'm also able to think on serious things. My dear adventure-racing partner, PH, as heroic as Weela in my book, recently had to say goodbye to a dearly and long-loved dog. Moi-Moi was one heck of a dog and my friend PH is one heck of a woman. She's ten years my senior (though you'd never know it by looking at us), and yet I humbly spent all of our races watching her get further ahead while cheering me on to keep up. For amazing PH, a doodle is in the mail and a hope for a race with you dedicated to Moi-Moi is in the wishbook:


For Pele


 


 



1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    Your blog is wonderful and your writing beautiful. I have been sitting here in my jet-lagged state loving your words like a warm blanket and a hot cup of cocoa. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete